Mitch Azmier, Allyson Hadland, Prakash Mullick, Dave Fudge, Victoria Fudge,
Andrey Pawelczak, Marc Riendeau, Swami Swaminathan, Kim Farwell, Rattan
Garcha, Jacob Oommachan
Greg Gaudet, Jim Dawson, Peter Fisher, Shannon Hardy
1.0 Call to Order
2.0 Branch Chair Opening Remarks
Gerry for CPD day work.
- Allyson could not find 3 Lego Judges therefore cancelled the event.
and Acceptance of Previous Meeting Minutes
- Minutes accepted. Motion: PH, Second: MS. Status: carried.
of Current Chair
- Paul Hagar may be going to Honeywell in London, Ontario in the Spring.
- Defer action to January.
of Action Log
- Action log was reviewed and updated.
- # 7 completed
6.0 Event Update
- Cancelled CPD Day: Email list not accurate that head office has, a Spring
event should be held early, GL will send planning notes to the executive.
- Lego Competition was cancelled because of lack of Judges.
- Student Night: no update
7.0 Branch Chair & Council Meeting Report (see Paul's great notes)
- President's Visit notes to be forwarded to Rattan.
- Branch needs to contribute ideas for PEGG. (George Lee)
- Secondary Liability Insurance is to protect members from being sued
for services offered, pamphlet coming from head office.
8.0 President's Visit
- Paul discussed details with Head Office. Branch will pay for the expenses
and not the Head Office. Paul will update Rattan on all the details of
the visit. Cost for the dinner will be positioned at $17.50 per person.
The budget is $600, projected costs are estimated at $1050 creating a
loss for the branch of $550. Inductees and VIPs will be free. There will
be two bottles of wine at the table one red and one white.
9.0 Annual General Meeting
- A speaker needs to be located for the meeting.
10.0 Relevance Issues Forum
- Ron Tenove has offered to come up and discuss relevancy of the profession
- Could discuss with the Executive or in an open forum with the Membership.
- Council agreed to pay all of the expenses.
- Discuss this at the January meeting to see if we want to do this, (probably
Committee for 2001 - 2002 Executive
- Defer to
- Three members needed.
- Paul Hagar
and Hassan Halepota have volunteered to audit this years books
(Financial Planning Joint Venture)
- Defer discussion
- Good idea, will offer to buy drinks and food, but not a 50/50 cost split.
- If there is an in town speaker we will agree to a 50/50 split.
Honorarium (Pamphlet handed out)
- Head office
has requested input from the Branches
- Executive should read share and compile comments, forward to Paul Hagar
by the first week of January.
Day (What day of the week and day of the month is most suitable?)
second week of the month is preferred, could rotate the day of the week
or propose one day of the week.
- Paul presented
the $2000 1st. Year Transfer Scholarship Award to Amanda Swain, Keyano
student. Her mother accepted the award.
- Mike Sneath suggested that an ASET segment on the Agenda should be added.
- Next meeting
to be held on January 15, 16, 17 or 18, 2001. Paul to send out a memo
and vote on which day they would like the meeting.