Peter Fisher, Greg Gaudet, Allyson Hadland, Andrey Pawelczak,
Jim Dawson, Gerry Lobb
1.0 Call to Order
2.0 Branch Chair Opening Remarks
3.0 Review and Acceptance of Previous Meeting Minutes
- Addition of PDH points in top corner.
- 2001 APEGGA membership fees are $185 and will include supplementary
- President's visit should read: two bottles of wine per table, table's
choice of red or white.
- Minutes accepted. Motion: PM, Second: RG. Status: carried.
- Jim Dawson has moved to Red Deer.
- Gerry Lobb has moved to Edmonton (780-992-4769w, 780-481-5525h)
- Paul Hagar will not be going to London before late spring, early summer
- Kim Nishikaze at head office has resigned. Chrys Dymitric is our new
to leave Vice Chair position vacant until election of new executive at
AGM. Motion: PM, Second: SH. Status: carried.
5.0 Review of Action Log
- Action log was reviewed and updated.
- All events must have money settled with treasurer within the same month
as the event.
6.0 President's Visit
- VIP list - either invite them all (not practical) or balance them out.
Rattan to take this under advisement
- Events include: lunch at Extraction, Tour of Tailings, Dinner at Sawridge.
- As branch is covering event costs, loss will be larger than budget.
- Increase ticket price to $20. Motion: KF, Second: PM, Status: carried.
- Accept loss of about $2000 on event. Motion: MA, Second: JL, Status:
7.0 Annual General Meeting
- Date is March 28
- Speaker suggestion: Leader from Fort Hills or Albion Sands
Nominating committee: Kim Farwell - chair, Mike Sneath, Rattan Garcha
8.0 Presidential Honourarium
-Read pamphlet and send comments to Paul by January 26th
to organize for June.
PM: Congrats to Kim
on P.Eng. Status. Expressed concern about Sue Evison's letter regarding
the Mt. Logan name change; this is not an issue for APEGGA.
- MS: email aliases
- MA: events that did not take place, should reschedule (student night)
- VF: resigning from branch exec.
- SH: update from Allyson - Girl Guide Engineering badge, Student night
in late Feb or Early March.