Present: T. Cherry, D.Wooldridge, K.Thomas, S. Stark, S. Arndt,
S. Dieken, J. Sweeney, K. Green
Absent: G. Calpas
Minutes Prepared by: S. Arndt
1. Call to
order - 6:48pm
of agenda - no additions or deletions
and approval of minutes of Jan. 10, 2000 meeting - all
new executive member and passed our branch manual.
5. Old Business
Plan - activities to be updated by committee chairs. Trent will email
Outreach - Trent forwarded electronic logo to all members. The logo
is with the trophy maker but it will not be ready until the end of March.
Awareness - Greg and Jim Sweeney to still get contacts from Jim. They
will contact district offices and try and get school contacts.
Contact - There was no media contact for the AGM and this should be
done next year.
Chairs Meeting Minutes - Trent forwarded minutes via email.
General Conference - APEGGA will sponsor 2 branch members to attend.
Anyone interested should contact Trent.
Article - Nothing yet, deadline March 31.
Annual Report - Trent circulated.
7. New Business
Since Last Executive Meeting:
- Branch AGM - had an excellent turnout of 55 people, 13 of those were
guests. Total cost to branch was $175. The luncheon in Vegreville was
a good idea and if it continues it might be a good idea to have someone
from the executive attend.
Chair - Feb. 7-8 - Trent circulated activity reports and major issues
discussed at meeting, which included the branch websites, President's
meetings. One idea that Trent though of at the meeting was for Vermilion
River Branch to host a council meeting. It was recommended that this
be investigated and pursued further.
b. Volunteers for:
2001 Golf Tournament - D'arcy/Sheldon (Scott and Krista to assist)
Nominating Committee - Krista
Audit Committee - Jim and Kevin
Statement - circulated and reviewed.
Plan - updates should be done for next meeting.
Branch with APEGS - In a way we already do some of this informally as
we invite members when we have events. The only thing we don't get is
the financial support but at this time this issue is not a big concern.
Outreach Co-ordinator - Jim to take over from Sloane.
Date Attendance Limit
Brewery - Edmonton Sloane
ADM Agri - Lloydminster Trent May/June 2001 15 maximum
Cold Lake Base Scott
Lindbergh Salt Plant Sloane Any time.
Millar Western Pulp Mill Scott
Imperial Oil Cold Lake Trent April/May 2001 15 maximum
Saskatoon Potash D'arcy
Offshore Oil Arndt
Beer Tasting Sloane/Greg
b) Professional Development (K. Thomas):
- Scheduled for April 10th with the following topics:
Effective Presentations - ½ day
Environmental Liability - 1.5 hr
Professional Liability - 1.5 hr
Electrical De-regulation - Supper Talk
- Goal is for mailout to be to APEGGA by March 2nd.
- Jim running a panel at Lloyd Comp for students on engineering.
Awards (J. Sweeney):
- Still waiting for nominations.
- Jim talked to Brett Hucklyk and he will receive a gift certificate
for supper as getting together was too difficult.
e) Communication Committee (Various):
- Trent to forward database to Sheldon. He will also do an executive
- Greg has draft and will be sending out this week.
Liaison - APEGS, ASET/SASST
- ASET trying a tour of potash in Saskatoon. D'arcy will continue to
communicate with them.
- (K. Green)
- Nothing to report.
Report (S. Dieken):
- Balance $1855.95, Petty Cash $ 37.00.
- 2000 Draft Financial Statement to be prepared for AGM - DIEKEN.
- STARK / SWEENEY volunteered to audit books.
9. Next Meeting - March 28th, 2001, LLOYDMINSTER MOB, 2ND FLOOR
- D' arcy - SUPPER VOLUNTEER
- 8:45 PM