John Pastega, P.Eng.
Kevin Richmond, P.Geol.
Steve Wyton, P.Eng.
Terry Cooper, P.Eng.
Tibor Kaldor, P.Eng.
Dr. Judith Lentin, P.Geol.,
Tumpa Reinhardt, E.I.T.,
Mike Styczen, P.Eng.,
Ed Wilson, P.Eng.,
Francis Chan, P.Eng.,
Dr. Ronald Hinds, P.Geoph.,
Ian Squires, P.Eng.,
Anil Nayak, P.Eng.
Calgary Branch Report To Council
Since the last APEGGA Council Meeting, the following events have taken place in the Calgary Branch.
A branch executive meeting was held on January 14, 2002. See the Meeting minutes for issues discussed.
Branch Meeting & Lunch
- January 24, 2002, Fairmont Palliser Hotel: Branch Annual General Meeting & Lunch, election of Calgary Branch executive. All nominees were elected by acclamation. Speaker: Robert Marshall, P.Eng. Senior Pipeline Advisor GNWT Resources, Wildlife and Economic Development Minerals, Oil and Gas Division, presented "Canada’s Pipeline – Economic Benefits to Alberta". A massively interesting topic, attended by over 400.
Forums & Professional Development Seminars
- January 17, 2002, Professional Development Evening, Fairmont Palliser Hotel. Roger Hough, Consultant: "Competitive Intelligence".
- January 31, 2002, Western Industry Forum on Professional Development, Fairmont Palliser Hotel; Sponsored by the Canadian Council of Professional Engineers, APEGGA and the Canadian Society for Engineering Management.
- February 6, 2002, Westin Hotel: Visit by & discussion with APEGGA President Dale Miller, P. Eng.
- February 21, 2002, Fairmont Palliser Hotel: Lunch. Speaker: Dr. Michel Fattouche, P.Eng., will present "Bridging Technology and Business in Difficult Times".
- February 13, 2002, Professional Development Evening, Fairmont Palliser Hotel. Dr. Judith Lentin, P.Geol., Consultant: "The Power of Mentoring – How your Company Could Benefit".
- March 2-10, 2002, Calgary: National Engineering Week
Tibor Kaldor, P. Eng.
Secretary, Calgary Branch