Central Alberta Branch
Activity Report to Council
Alberta Report Index | APEGGA Home
April 24, 2002
- Since the last Branch Chairs' Meeting,
the Central Alberta APEGGA Branch has
held 2 meetings.
Plant Tours / Events
/ PD Day / Students Outreach:
- The Branch coordinated a "Student Outreach
Blitz " for National Engineering Week. Seven Outreach Presentation were
carried out at various schools in Central Alberta. Several other requests
were received but could not be coordinated during the week but planned
for later dates.
- Several members volunteered as judges
at the Central Alberta Science Fair.
- The annual Student Night in Conjunction
with the Red Deer College Engineering faculty took place on March 5th.
Students from the winning design project team were presented with book
prizes from APEGGA. The evening included a presentation on Growth in
Central Alberta and an opportunity for students to meet informally with
- The Branch held its 4th annual
PD day on April 6. It was attended by 43 members. It included sessions
on Business Development, Mental Toughness and the Principles of Water
treatment. The event was both a financial and critical success.
- The branch Chair and Vice Chair were able
to attend the ASET President and ASET Executive Directors visit to the
Central Alberta ASET Branch.
- The Branch completed it's financial audit.
All records were found to be in order.
- Unfortunately Family Rec. Night at the
Canyon Ski Hill had to be cancelled due
to low registration.
- The branch balance is approximately $****.
AGM and Executive Elections
on May 7th.
June event planned but
Blair Boudreau, MBA,
Chair, Central Alberta