Central Alberta Report Index | APEGGA Home
13 , 2001
Since the last Branch Chairs' Meeting, the Central Alberta APEGGA Branch
conducted two branch executive meetings and held our Annual General Meeting
at which the new executive was elected.
Plant Tours / Events / PD Day / Students Outreach:
· APEGGA was represented by Kim Ng P. Eng at the Red Deer Science Festival on May 5. Organized by the Central Alberta Science Network, this annual free event focuses on school-age children and consists of displays and presentations in science and technology.
· Andrew Poole P. Eng. Presented the Teacher's Award in Mirror to Mr. Richard Brooks. The executive will arrange for a dinner with Mr. Brooks at his convenience.
· The AGM was held in Red Deer on May 8. The event was attended by 44 members and guests. Dr. David Checkel from the University of Alberta was the guest speaker. Dr. Checkel's presentation " The Vehicle of the Future" was extremely informative and entertaining and highlighted the practical, technical and economic factors which will drive vehicle design for the foreseeable future.
· The branch has arranged a tour with the Project managers/ Architects of Red Deer's new $30M Recreational Facility. Members will be provided with an informative behind the scenes look at the facility prior to the official grand opening.
· The branch balance is approximately $1750 as of June 1,2001.
Joint ASET / APEGGA golf tournament is in the planning stages for Sept.