Medicine Hat Branch
Activity Report to Council
Hat Report Index | APEGGA Home
Byrd, P. Eng.
Medicine Hat Branch has acquired two new executive members in the past
two months. We have also had two executive member strategic planning meetings
to complete our planning for the first half of 2002.
Executive Branch meetings were held Dec/04/01 and Jan/23/02 to put together
an agenda for the first half of 2002. In addition, and informal lunch
get together was held to welcome two new members to the branch executive.
· Final plans have been made for President Dale Miller's visit
to our region on Feb/25/02. The venue for the evening dinner and presentation
is Suffield. We will also be hosting the branch AGM and inducting new
professional members for our area at the President's visit.
· March NEW plans have now been made. The Medicine Hat branch will
celebrate engineering week by hosting a Plant Tour at Bromley Mechanical
(1985) Ltd. for members, followed by refreshments.
· A Student Mixer for first year engineering students at the college
to meet professionals from the community will be held in the Rattler's
Den at Medicine Hat College on March 7th.
· The branch will be promoting engineering within our community
in the local newspaper during NEW 2002, with a particular emphasis on
APEGGA activities in the area.
· A Family Social Event for APEGGA members is planned at the Sunridge
Observatory outside Medicine Hat on April 19th.
· One final lunch presentation will be scheduled for May or June
prior to breaking for the summer.
· Preliminary plans have begun for the annual golf tournament.
Tentative date is scheduled for late Aug. 3rd, 2002.
· Current balance for the branch bank account is still approximately
$825 as of the end of 2001.
· A branch financial statement has been prepared and is currently
being audited to give to Head Office.
· A request for a branch advance has been submitted to assist with
expenses for upcoming activities.