Medicine Hat Branch
Activity Report to Council
Hat Report Index | APEGGA Home
executive will resume our regular meeting schedule at the end of September
after the summer break. Several activities are planned for the Medicine
Hat region to complete our 2001 Calendar of Activities.
The 8th Annual ASET/APEGGA Medicine Hat Golf Tournament was held Aug.
18th. The tournament was again a resounding success with 44 golfers and
49 dinner guests in attendance.
· The annual Branch Budget was submitted in August to Head Office.
No confirmation of approval has been received to date.
· Current balance for the branch bank account is $1681.
A Branch Executive meeting is scheduled for Mon., Sep. 24th to discuss
the events planned for the remainder of the year and review the budget.
· Plans are underway for APEGGA - Medicine Hat Branch participation
in National Science & Technology Week (Oct. 12th - Oct. 21st). We
have tentatively planned to host a series of hands on science activity
nights in conjunction with the Medicine Hat Public Library.
· APEGGA will be hosting a career booth at the Cypress Center High
School Career Fair in Medicine Hat the morning of October 30th. This event
gives exposure for APEGGA to over 2,000 area high school students.
· APEGGA will also be hosting a career booth in Brooks at the Career
Fair the evening of October 30th. Approximately 950 high school students
will be attending the event.
· A Fun Night is tentatively planned for members in October. Details
to be planned at the September executive meeting.
· The last event for the 2001 calendar year is a technical presentation
scheduled for November. Presenter and date to be confirmed.