ATCO Electric is a member of the ATCO Group of Companies
- one of Canada's premier corporations. We are an Alberta,
investor-owned utility providing electricity services to
customers throughout northern and east-central Alberta.
We serve over 166,000 customers in resource rich areas of
the province where electricity is an essential component
of industrial development. Our core business is owning and
operating a safe, reliable system that delivers electric
energy to customers.
to the Supervising Engineer, Load Information and Settlement
this position is responsible for customer class load profiling
and loss studies requiring the development of data models
and software programs to support load settlement and regulatory
submissions and to provide internal management information.
This position will appeal to those who have an interest
and have developed skills in computer systems and statistical
key challenges for success in this position will be to:
· Design and maintain customer load surveys, analyze
the collected data and develop load profile models;
· Design distribution loss studies, analyze the data
assembled and develop loss models;
· Prepare Energy, Demand and Loss Analysis for allocating
costs to customer rate classes;
· Identify and resolve computer system and data related
· Post secondary degree in electrical engineering.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may
also be considered. Preference will be given to those with
a P.Eng. designation.
· 3 to 5 years of related professional experience;
· A good overall understanding of the utility business
including power transmission and distribution systems;
· Knowledge of regulatory principles, billing procedures,
rate design and cost allocation;
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
and a familiarity with mainframe and micro computer systems
and statistical data programs;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills,
including technical writing skills, and interpersonal skills.
would like to thank all applicants for their interest in
the above position, however, only those considered for an
interview will be contacted.