"EXPANDING SERVICES at the RED DEER REGIONAL AIRPORT"|
Welcome to our recommenced series of "Lunchtime Forum" events organized by your Central Alberta Branch, held the first Tuesday of every month!
Planning and efforts continue to improve and expand services at the Red Deer Regional Airport. Conditions appear to be ready for regularly scheduled passenger service. As such, grants are being assembled to construct a longer runway, improve security and update the terminal. Bruce Thorne, P.Eng., Director of Red Deer Regional Airport Authority, will present the current and planned activities, and describe:
· the economic impact on Central Alberta,
· the impact of tourism on the hotel, restaurant and service industries in the region,
· the convenience for business travelers to and from the west coast,
· the convenience of courier and freight service to and from the west coast, and
This presentation will be of particular interest to those in the aviation industry, those involved in the economic expansion of the Central Alberta region, and generally for those interested in recent local development expansion. For more information, go to www.reddeerregionalairport.com.
PARKING: south side: limited angle parking
north side: limited visitor parking
Cost: Free, BYO lunch
· Questions or suggestions for future topics are welcomed! Contact Peter Stevens, P.Eng.: phone: 403-340-7737 or email: Peter.Stevens@gov.ab.ca
· Mark your calendar: CAB's next "Lunchtime Forum" will be "Central Alberta Economic Growth - Opportunities for APEGGA Members", by TBA, set for Tuesday, October 7, 2003 (in Red Deer).
· For the rest of the news and events in your Central Alberta Branch area, check the APEGGA website, www.APEGGA.org