TIME: 5:30 - 6:00 p.m. Registration |
6:00 - 9:30 p.m. Seminar
COST: $45.00/ Person
FACILITATORS: Dr. Norman Wagner, Dr. Barbara Samuels, Mr. Dave Gould, knowledge@work
TOPIC: Building Public Support for Your Project
This workshop will assist professional engineers and geoscientists facing projects that require public consultation and input from stakeholders. If you are planning a project that requires public consultation, or lack of public support for your project is bogging you down, this workshop is for you.
If you are involved in designing, planning and engaging stakeholders in public consultations this workshop will introduce you to a framework, processes, tools and techniques used to systematically build public support. What you will learn will help you and your team come to agreement on the scope and design of your consultation process, help you assess your company's particular situation and provide specific action steps to engage small or large stakeholder groups in dialogue.
This workshop will introduce the following:
- Guiding principles for a consultation process.
- Appropriate strategies and promises to stakeholders and the zone of engagement.
- Determining if stakeholders should be engaged, who should be engaged, the extent of their involvement, and ways to reach and involve them.
- Getting ahead of conflict.
- Addressing the state of your company's readiness to engage.
- Selecting appropriate consultation techniques.
- Measuring your progress and evaluating your processes.
Pre-Registration and advance payments are required. Seating is limited and registrations will be dealt with on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please call the Calgary APEGGA office at 262-7714 to register before Friday, November 26, 2004. The Calgary Branch accepts Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Please note: A light snack will be provided.