The best way to do well in an interview is to prepare and practice your responses beforehand. Obviously, you will not know exactly what questions you will be asked, but studies indicate that certain questions are more common than others. Here is a list of the Top 15 interview questions asked by North America's leading employers, as compiled by jobtrack.com:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What do you know about our company?
3. Why do you want to work for us?
4. What unique qualities or abilities would you bring to this job?
5. What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
6. How long do you plan to stay with this company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
7. Tell me about a time when you failed at something, and what you did afterwards.
8. Describe a time when you worked in a team. What was your position in the team? Were you satisfied with your contribution? How could it have been better?
9. Why did you choose to become a ________ ?
10. Think back to a situation in which there was a conflict that you had to resolve. How did you manage that situation?
11. Tell me about a project that you had, either at work or at school. Describe how you approached it and the outcome.
12. What do you do in your spare time?
13. What salary are you expecting?
14. What other types of jobs or companies are you considering?
15. Have you any questions for us?